Peaches and Cream: Pick your Norwich City central midfield duo for Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke may welcome the headache but who holds the middle ground for Norwich City in Saturday’s Championship trip to Millwall is a hot selection topic.
Mario Vrancic returned well ahead of schedule from an ankle injury at Carrow Road with a late cameo in the 3-2 comeback win against Bristol City. Vrancic was in superb form during January before limping out of the East Anglian derby victory over Ipswich Town.
Moritz Leitner was an unused sub against the Robins, after his own return from a lengthy ankle problem earlier this month in the 4-0 romp at Bolton Wanderers.
Leitner was a key figure in the club’s surge up the table prior to Christmas but Farke has so far opted to keep the cultured playmaker in reserve.
Tom Trybull and Kenny McLean retained their places for the vital win over Bristol City, and McLean notched a match-winning brace to open his league account for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Tettey was scheduled to return to full training this week following his recent ankle injury, but on the basis a testing trip to the Den comes too soon for the combative midfielder, who would you start in central midfield for the Canaries?
• Cast your vote in the poll
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 6 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 7 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 9 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis