Peaches and Cream: Pick your Norwich City central midfield duo for Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke may welcome the headache but who holds the middle ground for Norwich City in Saturday’s Championship trip to Millwall is a hot selection topic.
Mario Vrancic returned well ahead of schedule from an ankle injury at Carrow Road with a late cameo in the 3-2 comeback win against Bristol City. Vrancic was in superb form during January before limping out of the East Anglian derby victory over Ipswich Town.
Moritz Leitner was an unused sub against the Robins, after his own return from a lengthy ankle problem earlier this month in the 4-0 romp at Bolton Wanderers.
Leitner was a key figure in the club’s surge up the table prior to Christmas but Farke has so far opted to keep the cultured playmaker in reserve.
Tom Trybull and Kenny McLean retained their places for the vital win over Bristol City, and McLean notched a match-winning brace to open his league account for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Tettey was scheduled to return to full training this week following his recent ankle injury, but on the basis a testing trip to the Den comes too soon for the combative midfielder, who would you start in central midfield for the Canaries?
• Cast your vote in the poll
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 4 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 5 Farke braced for summer of speculation amid Frankfurt links
- 6 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 7 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression
- 10 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion