Peaches and Cream: Pick your Norwich City central midfield duo for Millwall
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke may welcome the headache but who holds the middle ground for Norwich City in Saturday’s Championship trip to Millwall is a hot selection topic.
Mario Vrancic returned well ahead of schedule from an ankle injury at Carrow Road with a late cameo in the 3-2 comeback win against Bristol City. Vrancic was in superb form during January before limping out of the East Anglian derby victory over Ipswich Town.
Moritz Leitner was an unused sub against the Robins, after his own return from a lengthy ankle problem earlier this month in the 4-0 romp at Bolton Wanderers.
Leitner was a key figure in the club’s surge up the table prior to Christmas but Farke has so far opted to keep the cultured playmaker in reserve.
Tom Trybull and Kenny McLean retained their places for the vital win over Bristol City, and McLean notched a match-winning brace to open his league account for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Tettey was scheduled to return to full training this week following his recent ankle injury, but on the basis a testing trip to the Den comes too soon for the combative midfielder, who would you start in central midfield for the Canaries?
• Cast your vote in the poll
- 1 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 2 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 5 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 6 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 7 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
- 8 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 9 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 10 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case