City chief offers insight into contract talks
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke is so wrapped up in beating Bolton Wanderers on Saturday he has shut himself off from contract talks over his Norwich City future.
Farke is reportedly close to agreeing terms on extending his current Carrow Road deal beyond the end of the season, but the German has more pressing matters on his mind.
The City chief played a straight bat when quizzed after the midweek 3-1 defeat at Preston, and there was a revealing insight into his mindset when pressed for a further update on Friday at the club’s Garstang training base.
“No, because I made it clear after this week there will be some time to speak about it but not during this week when there are three games in six days,” he said.
“The focus on trying to win as many points as possible and there is not really any time for me to speak about anything.
You may also want to watch:
“I told even the people who are responsible to negotiate with the club that I don’t want to speak this week at all because I want to be really focused on what we are doing here.
“After this week there is a bit more time to speak further on about what will happen in the future but I have said several times, no one needs to be concerned, there are more important topics than my future.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City complete their double over Cardiff
- 2 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 4 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 6 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 10 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
“My topic is winning points at Bolton, that’s what we’re trying to do and after the game we can speak a bit more and perhaps there will be a few more developments in the next days or weeks or whatever, but not before the game.”