TEAM NEWS: Zimmermann in contention but no Drmic or Tettey for City’s League Cup tie at Crawley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Carabao Cup tie against Crawley Town on Monday afternoon and we had the key lines from Colney.
Farke revealed Christoph Zimmermann could make his first appearance of the season following summer knee surgery if he comes through a later training session on Monday with no reaction.
But Josip Drmic (hamstring) is not available and Alex Tettey will also not travel for family reasons. Zimmermann's involvement at the League Two club would be a major boost for Farke, with Timm Klose also back in the mix as an unused substitute against Chelsea following a hip flexor issue.
"It would be a bit too soon," said Farke. "But he first joined us on Thursday for the individual session, then again on Friday, trained with us on Sunday and will train with us again on Monday. For a league game he would be back in the mix and we have to keep in mind there is a quick turnaround from Chelsea and we have had some centre back problems.
"He was out for such a long time. Grant Hanley and Timm Klose had pre-season injuries. Ben Godfrey and Grant have had to play each and every minute and I would like to rest them. Not because they need a rest but because of the quick turnaround.
You may also want to watch:
"We need Christoph back as soon as possible. If he can handle the load later today and there is no reaction he will travel with us and we see how many minutes he can get. If he travels he can play a few minutes. He is a bit in my plans tomorrow.
"Sadly too soon for Josip. He is making a progress and not too far away from team training but that is the first step. Could be that is later in the week."
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Iwan Roberts: My Welsh wish for City keeper
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
Farke hinted both Patrick Roberts and Ibrahim Amadou would be in line for competitive debuts on Tuesday for the club following their summer loan moves.
- Recap the main headlines the blog in the window above with full reaction and build up to City's Carabao Cup duel against the League Two club throughout the day on pinkun.com