Farke rates Fahrmann one of his best City signings - but Krul will take some shifting
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Ralf Fahrmann is one of Daniel Farke’s best Norwich City signings – but he has joined one of the finest keeper unions in the Premier League with a loan move to the Canaries.
Tim Krul has been in outstanding form to restrict the Schalke 04 loan signing to one League Cup appearance, while third choice Michael McGovern was part of Northern Ireland's latest squad for Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Fahrmann's representative was quoted in the German media in recent days suggesting he felt he would be first choice at Carrow Road, after agreeing a season long switch to get his club career back on track.
"In Germany this is a big topic because everyone knows the quality of Ralf Fahrmann. He is still judged as one of the best in Germany, my feeling is he is still one of the best," said Farke, speaking prior to the international break. "I am totally pleased with them and it is a joke maybe that we have Ralf Fahrmann working on such a high class level, so good in training and he has the trust of the lads.
"I believe across the whole league there are not many better goalkeeping teams than ours.
"We know we are underdogs in this league but in terms of keepers we are top class.
You may also want to watch:
"Ralf is definitely one of the best signings we have made in recent years. I am totally happy with him and it brings Tim onto another level. The competition is so hard."
Stoke City's Jack Butland was touted with a January move earlier this month but Farke is delighted with the depth of his keeping options.
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland
"My feeling is as a head coach you always ask for quality but we have three top class keepers and a few prospects. That is enough," he said.
"When I have to speak about my keepers, I know there are some high class options in the Premier League, but in my opinion we have one of the best keeper teams.
"Tim Krul, nearly 20 caps for Holland, a big nation in football terms, involved in World Cups. We won the title with him and he has had a top class start to this season, even though we conceded some goals; a top class character.
"He was a number one in the Premier League for many years.
"Michael McGovern, nearly 40 caps for Northern Ireland, who have led their qualifying group in the Euros. Top class and now we have brought in Ralf."