TEAM NEWS: Injury scares for Hernandez and Roberts ahead of Reds’ showdown
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City wide pair Onel Hernandez and Patrick Roberts have both sat out part of this week’s training ahead of Sunday’s Premier League clash against Manchester United.
Head coach Daniel Farke expects both to be passed fit for the Red Devils' visit to Carrow Road on Sunday afternoon but revealed at Colney Hernandez had missed training on Wednesday with a knee issue and Manchester City loanee Roberts was ruled out on Thursday with a back complaint.
Ralf Fahrmann and Mario Vrancic (illness) are not under consideration this weekend - allied to a trio of longer term central defensive injuries - but Farke admitted Hernandez, in particular, needs to be handled with care after returning ahead of schedule from a freak knee injury.
"Onel did some additional individual stuff on Tuesday and his knee just reacted and was a bit swollen and he wasn't able to train on Wednesday," said Farke. "We still have to be careful.
"The same with Tom (Trybull) who played 45 minutes at Bournemouth. I'm pretty sure they will both be fully fit and fully available for 90 minutes in perhaps two weeks but it's good that we have them and we have them as options.
You may also want to watch:
"They proved in the last game that they are important as substitutes.
"We still have to be careful with them. Alex (Tettey) had a proper pre-season and played against Manchester City but if you look at Tom and Onel we still have to be a bit cautious.
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 8 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
"Patrick felt a problem with his back and did not train as well. But he was back (on Friday).
"It's good the lads out longer term have had another week's training. Grant Hanley is still out with a long term injury. Christoph Zimmerman still out, long term injury. Timm Klose the same. Ralf Fahrmann is back in team training but this game is too early. I am pretty he will be available for the next away game, but not for Manchester United.
"We can't take any risk.
"Mario Vrancic is ill. He was back in team training but did not feature in the last two days. He will not be able to train tomorrow either and for that, there's no chance for Sunday."