Farke reveals what he said behind closed doors after Blades’ loss
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke insists the only way Norwich City defy the mounting odds in the Premier League relegation battle is to stay tight.
City were unable to follow up their FA Cup success at Tottenham in a 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United that left them rooted to the bottom, and six points from safety.
That could become seven points, if Aston Villa win at Leicester on Monday night.
City have fired blanks in the past three Premier League away games, but were denied by a stunning triple late save from Blades' England hopeful Dean Henderson.
Farke's boys now host Southampton at Carrow Road this weekend in what looks a must-win.
You may also want to watch:
"It is easy to show unity when you win. But when you have a disappointment is when you need this togetherness," he said. "I can remember at (Manchester) United I was not happy and I had to punish them a bit, but this past week they achieved so much.
"We were not perfect against either Leicester or Tottenham. We missed chances. We lost some duels but the outcome was different so we could celebrate. But when you are not as effective you also have to stick together.
- 1 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 2 'Our only concern' - Farke reveals City's promotion roadmap
- 3 TEAM NEWS: Rupp injury setback ahead of CIty's trip to Derby
- 4 Stiepermann opens up about health problems
- 5 MATCHDAY LIVE: No promotion but points to be won for City at Derby
- 6 City boss too busy to worry about his contract at the moment
- 7 Farke misses out on monthly award... Again
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Prolific Greek international in Canaries' sights
- 9 Farke hopes 'outstanding' City midfielder can shake off injury issues
- 10 Farke on Canaries records, Rooney and respecting the Rams
"After a few days we can reflect properly. Now it feels we have one game less to achieve what we want.
"It is important to feel this pain and to take this lesson on board because that is the only way you can improve and to understand what it takes to score, to win.
"Such disappointment should make you more greedy. I don't want to take this disappointment away.
"I said this to the boys in the dressing room. It is important to feel the pain. But we will not raise the white flag. We have important home games coming up."