TEAM NEWS: Todd Cantwell ruled out for Millwall clash
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Todd Cantwell is ruled out of Norwich City’s Championship test at Millwall with a quad injury.
The attacking midfielder is joined on the sidelines by Ivo Pinto, but head coach Daniel Farke has no other fresh injury concerns for the trip to the Den, while Alex Tettey is also back in the mix after re-joining training following an ankle injury at Preston.
‘During the Bristol game no injuries. But sadly in this week two injuries,” he said, speaking at Colney on Friday. “The first was Ivo Pinto, who got a hit on his foot and there is a big bruise so he has not been able to join us in team training but should come back on Sunday. Todd has a little strain to his quad so not a topic for Millwall. We hope we have him back as soon as possible in the next week.
“It doesn’t help (with the homegrown rule). Some good news is Louis Thompson should join us next week in team training but not for this game because he had no team training so far. We will find some solutions, no problem.
“Alex has also been back with us since last Sunday. He is available for this weekend because he has not been out too long. He is an experienced player who doesn’t need too much time to be back in rhythm.”
You may also want to watch:
Moritz Leitner, Timm Klose and Mario Vrancic are all pushing for starts after a full week’s training following recent injury layoffs.
“The week helped a lot,” he said. “Moritz and Timm have had another week under their belts. We are generally in a good situation. It is only good news to have nearly all the quality players are back.
- 1 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 2 Barnsley v Norwich City in the FA Cup - all you need to know
- 3 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 6 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 7 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 8 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 9 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 10 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
“Of course it doesn’t help so much in the decisions and man management but you want these choices as a head coach.
“Lots of competition on the training pitch and the most important thing is we go on with our togetherness.”
Farke confirmed both Teemu Pukki and Marco Stiepermann are available. Pukki had been a doubt for the Bristol win with a stomach bug, while Stiepermann also featured but only after scans had detected a minor hamstring tear after City’s gruelling recent schedule in the north-west.
Carlton Morris (ankle) is a longer term absentee.
• Recap the press conference in the window