‘Whatever happens now, this season has been a success’ - Farke reveals what he told his City players
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke declared Norwich City’s season a success after beating Rotherham 2-1 - but the Championship leaders are not stopping here.
Farke has already told his squad they have performed above wildest expectations, after opening up a four-point gap to the chasing pack headed by Sheffield United.
City now have an international break to rest up and prepare for a final eight-game onslaught, as they target the Premier League.
“Whatever happens now, this season has been a success. Definitely,” said Farke. “No one would have expected us to be in the position we are in now. We have already over-achieved. That is what I have told my players.
“They have achieved so much this season.
You may also want to watch:
“(Would it be a failure if we didn’t go up?) No, not at all. We have nothing to lose. We cannot lose anything.
“We can only win with this attitude. Stay greedy and hungry and enjoy the process, because this club in the past few years has had so many problems, financial pressures, mid-table finishes and losing some of our best players.”
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 7 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 8 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 9 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 10 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation