‘Whatever happens now, this season has been a success’ - Farke reveals what he told his City players
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke declared Norwich City’s season a success after beating Rotherham 2-1 - but the Championship leaders are not stopping here.
Farke has already told his squad they have performed above wildest expectations, after opening up a four-point gap to the chasing pack headed by Sheffield United.
City now have an international break to rest up and prepare for a final eight-game onslaught, as they target the Premier League.
“Whatever happens now, this season has been a success. Definitely,” said Farke. “No one would have expected us to be in the position we are in now. We have already over-achieved. That is what I have told my players.
“They have achieved so much this season.
You may also want to watch:
“(Would it be a failure if we didn’t go up?) No, not at all. We have nothing to lose. We cannot lose anything.
“We can only win with this attitude. Stay greedy and hungry and enjoy the process, because this club in the past few years has had so many problems, financial pressures, mid-table finishes and losing some of our best players.”
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 City hold talks with Nyland
- 10 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson