Keep dreaming of the Premier League is Farke’s rallying cry to City fans after 1-0 Boro win
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s Championship title push is child’s play for Daniel Farke, after moving five points clear at the top of the table with a 1-0 win at Middlesbrough.
Onel Hernandez slammed home a second half winner to seal a seventh straight league success and open up a seven point gap to third-placed Sheffield United with seven games left.
The celebrations between Farke, his players and the travelling support at the final whistle spoke volumes, and the proud head coach wants his fan base to keep gorging on the excitement.
“They are allowed to celebrate. We play football for fun. We play for our supporters,” he said. “Football is pretty often about business and contracts but they are allowed to dream. To be carried away and enjoy the moment. The most important thing is we stay with our feet on the ground. We are greedy. We want to win football games.
“I told the lads before this game, ‘Let’s not defend, let’s attack’ I also reminded them why they started out in football. You started because you wanted to play with your mates and win games.
You may also want to watch:
“That is our attitude. The table will come to us automatically at the end. This is an outstanding result. I can only say I am a proud head coach this evening.
“We knew we had a game at one of the toughest places in the Championship. My feeling was they were totally switched on, focused and greedy to get their momentum back.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 9 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 10 Young Canaries suffer last-gasp defeat in first game of 2021
“To travel home with a clean sheet win feels massive. I have a lot of respect for Tony Pulis.
“He knows we are in a good shape and they were flexible in their style. They changed their base formation a touch.”