Amadou at the double for City
- Credit: SIPA USA/PA Images
Norwich City got a two-for-one deal with the capture of Sevilla loan signing Ibrahim Amadou.
The Canaries have an option to buy the 26-year-old powerhouse next summer, after sealing an initial season-long loan move ahead of the club's Premier League quest.
Amadou arrived in England as a defensive midfielder who can also operate at centre-back, but Daniel Farke is yet to make his mind up ahead of a potential debut on Tuesday in the League Cup at Crawley Town.
"We are still a bit on the way to figuring out which position he helps the most, but during the season I think we might need him in both," said the City head coach. "He has trained in both since he came to us and you can see he is capable.
"He has played a bit more often in the holding midfielder position and at the stage we signed him we knew Alex Tettey was out for a period, and Tom Trybull was just getting back after the injury he got towards the end of last season, so we felt we needed a few options in that position.
You may also want to watch:
"Then as we got into pre-season we had some problems at centre back. He can cover both.
"He is with us for two or three weeks now and my feeling is he is settled in. Every day he gets a bit more used to the players, the language and our style. My feeling is he is prepared and he is definitely in the mix for Crawley."
- 1 City draw up target list
- 2 Skipp ready for Premier League ... with Spurs, says Mason
- 3 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 4 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
- 5 Robin Sainty: Where City lead, others will surely follow
- 6 New City deal for Farke on the cards and Webber open to staying
- 7 Former Canaries attacker released by Bristol City
- 8 David Freezer: Desire to defy the odds is essential for City
- 9 The People's Pink Un: Your messages to Norwich City, Part 1
- 10 Pain and anguish but never a lack of belief for Canaries' chief