Amadou at the double for City
- Credit: SIPA USA/PA Images
Norwich City got a two-for-one deal with the capture of Sevilla loan signing Ibrahim Amadou.
The Canaries have an option to buy the 26-year-old powerhouse next summer, after sealing an initial season-long loan move ahead of the club's Premier League quest.
Amadou arrived in England as a defensive midfielder who can also operate at centre-back, but Daniel Farke is yet to make his mind up ahead of a potential debut on Tuesday in the League Cup at Crawley Town.
"We are still a bit on the way to figuring out which position he helps the most, but during the season I think we might need him in both," said the City head coach. "He has trained in both since he came to us and you can see he is capable.
"He has played a bit more often in the holding midfielder position and at the stage we signed him we knew Alex Tettey was out for a period, and Tom Trybull was just getting back after the injury he got towards the end of last season, so we felt we needed a few options in that position.
You may also want to watch:
"Then as we got into pre-season we had some problems at centre back. He can cover both.
"He is with us for two or three weeks now and my feeling is he is settled in. Every day he gets a bit more used to the players, the language and our style. My feeling is he is prepared and he is definitely in the mix for Crawley."
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 8 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 9 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 10 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought