TEAM NEWS: Tom Trybull a big injury doubt for Norwich City’s Championship clash against Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tom Trybull is touch and go to be fit for Norwich City’s massive Good Friday Championship game against Sheffield Wednesday, after picking up a knee injury.
Head coach Daniel Farke revealed at Colney on Thursday Trybull had missed training most of this week and will be a late call for a game that could clinch promotion to the Premier League.
“Tom got a slight knock against his knee. I would say a question mark against his appearance for this game,” said Farke. “He had some problems in the week and he will be a late decision. He was out today with us on the training pitch and was able to handle the load but there must be a question mark. I can only make a late decision pretty close to the first whistle.”
The City boss has no other injury worries but Jordan Jordan Rhodes is ineligible to face his parent club, which leaves Farke with a homegrown slot to make up in his matchday 18.
“We knew Jordan would be unavailable. We have had this in our mind for the last few weeks,” said Farke. “It is perhaps a bit too early for Louis Thompson and especially Carlton Morris. But we have some other options with young players. Aston Oxborough came in before I remember and that is an option as well.
You may also want to watch:
“It depends a bit what happens overnight and what is the final case with Tom. We do have a few options.”
• Recap the main lines from the press conference in the window above
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 3 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 4 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 7 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 10 "He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed with Norwich