‘When it is drawn with a nice pen Teemu is offside’ - Farke hails City fans after fresh VAR misery
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke praised Norwich City’s players and fans for keeping their cool after another VAR call went against the Canaries in a 2-2 Premier League draw against Tottenham.
Teemu Pukki's first half finish from Mario Vrancic's pass was chalked off by the VAR officials, with the Finn adjudged to be offside.
Home fans made their feelings towards the match officials clear in the aftermath following the latest VAR episode at Carrow Road.
But City survived a Tottenham second half surge to earn a battling point.
"It is tough for the lads to accept. To be 2-0 up half-time is a big step," he said. "I was proud with the whole stadium. We were excited, celebrating, Teemu is relieved after not scoring for two games and the whole place is buzzing.
"Then we get a sucker punch for the players and the fans but we reacted in a perfect way. Our supporters tried to back us even though we were all annoyed.
You may also want to watch:
"It seems each and every week I am asked about VAR decisions. I will give you a general thought, VAR should help make the game fairer. Against Aston Villa we had a decision when we conceded out of a clear and obvious mistake from a referee, who gave a throw in the wrong way and without touching the ball from that throw in 10 seconds we concede a goal.
"But there was no over-rule allowed. I was told in 10 seconds you could have defended this goal. It was a clear and obvious mistake and in that instance it would make the outcome of the Villa game more fair.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries win clash of the top two
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' stirring 1-0 Championship win against Brentford
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 City ready to fight fire with fire against Toney and the Bees
- 5 Farke would rather have a drink with Guardiola than Town's new boss next season
- 6 'Quality' City loanee 'unlucky with injuries' during Rovers spell, says Johnson
- 7 Millwall forward praises City's defensive steel
- 8 Norwich City v Brentford: everything you need to know
- 9 'Massive' - City fans full of praise after vital Brentford win
- 10 City take 'massive step' to the Premier League admits McLean
"Watch this latest scene back without a line on the pitch and ask 100 people. They would say no offside. My player starts one yard behind the Tottenham player. I am not going to judge anything but the VAR official here was the referee at Aston Villa. You can judge that.
"My gut feeling is that when you look at the technology you see a line where Teemu is an inch offside. I would like to know if the line is drawn at exactly the moment Mario Vrancic plays the ball. When it is drawn with a nice pen Teemu is offside.
"I thought we wanted to support the attacking players and if there was any doubt it should go to the offensive players.
"It is wasted energy. I can't influence it but it feels like no VAR decision goes our way."