‘We don’t have to sell..even if there is a £200m offer’ - Farke on the vultures circling
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke reiterated Norwich City’s best talent will not be allowed to leave Carrow Road in January - unless it is on the Canaries’ terms.
Max Aarons has again been touted with Premier League heavyweights Tottenham in recent days while the likes of Jamal Lewis, Ben Godfrey and Todd Cantwell have all caught the eye for the newly-promoted Canaries.
Farke can do nothing about fresh speculation but will have a major say in who stays and who goes in the January window.
"Sometimes a player develops quicker than a club and you have to accept it if a player wants to have a bigger move and that there are bigger clubs in world football than we are," said the City head coach.
"But there is no financial pressure on us - we don't have to sell any player even if there is an offer of £200m. We don't need the money to keep the club going."
You may also want to watch:
Farke's priority is plotting Manchester United's downfall on Sunday after one win in eight league and cup games.
"Sometimes the club has to be patient with the coach and the coach has to accept the conditions of the club," he said, speaking to the Telegraph. "I appreciate there is trust from the club in my work.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 3 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Rupp set for FA Cup recall
- 6 February fixture changes for Canaries
- 7 Robin Sainty: Farke has taken City to a whole new level
- 8 Ton up Tim is wonderful for Farke
- 9 MATCHDAY LIVE: Canaries take on Barnsley in FA Cup
- 10 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
"There is still pressure and when you lose games you know there will be criticism. Sometimes the board is accused of not spending enough money. But we have to live with this.
"I know that to add some quality gives you a bigger chance of staying in this league but I knew we wouldn't be able to do that."