Omotoye now has to kick on for Farke
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tyrese Omotoye is on the right track for Daniel Farke after the teenage Norwich City striker earned a new longer-term deal.
The 18-year-old has been rewarded after a first team breakthrough in recent weeks and a prolific spell at development level.
Omotoye was among a number of new contract announcements in the lead up to the trip to Watford after extending his deal at the club until 2024.
“He has lots of potential and the fact he has already played for us in the first team shows what I think of him," said Farke. "He was able to put pressure on the opponent, with his speed and pace he was able to take the pressure away from us.
"Of course he has the ability to score goals but he has much to learn.
"In terms of the intensity, his decision making with his first touch, keeping the ball under pressure. That is quite normal because he has so far been at a level where he has more time on the ball and less pressure. He will get better and then let’s see how far he can come.
"Lots of potential. Good to have him here for a few more years.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
"Compliments to Stuart Webber and the academy we have done a good piece of business.”