Omotoye now has to kick on for Farke
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Tyrese Omotoye is on the right track for Daniel Farke after the teenage Norwich City striker earned a new longer-term deal.
The 18-year-old has been rewarded after a first team breakthrough in recent weeks and a prolific spell at development level.
Omotoye was among a number of new contract announcements in the lead up to the trip to Watford after extending his deal at the club until 2024.
“He has lots of potential and the fact he has already played for us in the first team shows what I think of him," said Farke. "He was able to put pressure on the opponent, with his speed and pace he was able to take the pressure away from us.
"Of course he has the ability to score goals but he has much to learn.
"In terms of the intensity, his decision making with his first touch, keeping the ball under pressure. That is quite normal because he has so far been at a level where he has more time on the ball and less pressure. He will get better and then let’s see how far he can come.
"Lots of potential. Good to have him here for a few more years.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Farke's words of advice for Soto
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 10 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
"Compliments to Stuart Webber and the academy we have done a good piece of business.”