Farke unhappy at ‘soft touch’ City in 3-0 Wolves defeat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke felt Norwich City rolled over too easily in a 3-0 Premier League defeat at Wolves on Sunday that kept the Canaries rooted to the bottom.
Diogo Jota's first half brace and Raul Jimenez's early second half finish sealed a comfortable win for the hosts, with Farke adamant the Canaries were too compliant at Molineux.
"This was a missed opportunity for us," he said, with Norwich seven points from safety with 11 games left. "We started quite well, we were on the front foot and created chances but I was not happy with our physicality in the final third. When you are that dominant and create so many opportunities we need to do better. But we lost too many offensive duels in both boxes.
"We had six against two in our box and they were able to score. Both directions we lacked that sharpness and physical edge. Second goal, same topic, the second phase of the set piece they had two or three players greedy to score and we were not switched on to protect our own goal.
"This is crucial. I can't accuse my lads' attitude, our philosophy, but you have to be ready to win the crucial duels in both boxes. Third goal, unnecessary loss of ball, too soft, and we still had chances to regain possession.
You may also want to watch:
"Perhaps in our back four it is not easy when you go from a solid defence to two injury changes. We had to bring in Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis who were not in their rhythm. We had no choice because of injuries. I am not accusing those boys.
"I was more annoyed with our lack of physicality."
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 10 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City