Farke unhappy at ‘soft touch’ City in 3-0 Wolves defeat
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke felt Norwich City rolled over too easily in a 3-0 Premier League defeat at Wolves on Sunday that kept the Canaries rooted to the bottom.
Diogo Jota's first half brace and Raul Jimenez's early second half finish sealed a comfortable win for the hosts, with Farke adamant the Canaries were too compliant at Molineux.
"This was a missed opportunity for us," he said, with Norwich seven points from safety with 11 games left. "We started quite well, we were on the front foot and created chances but I was not happy with our physicality in the final third. When you are that dominant and create so many opportunities we need to do better. But we lost too many offensive duels in both boxes.
"We had six against two in our box and they were able to score. Both directions we lacked that sharpness and physical edge. Second goal, same topic, the second phase of the set piece they had two or three players greedy to score and we were not switched on to protect our own goal.
"This is crucial. I can't accuse my lads' attitude, our philosophy, but you have to be ready to win the crucial duels in both boxes. Third goal, unnecessary loss of ball, too soft, and we still had chances to regain possession.
You may also want to watch:
"Perhaps in our back four it is not easy when you go from a solid defence to two injury changes. We had to bring in Ben Godfrey and Jamal Lewis who were not in their rhythm. We had no choice because of injuries. I am not accusing those boys.
"I was more annoyed with our lack of physicality."
- 1 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 3 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 4 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 7 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Norwich loan has 'ticked every box' for Ben Gibson
- 10 City hold talks with Nyland