Fit-again Canaries defender Hanley gets another Scotland chance
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Grant Hanley has been called up again for Scotland, after having to drop out of contention during the previous international break due to injury.
Canaries team-mate Kenny McLean retains his place ahead of Euro 2020 qualifiers against Russia and San Marino, having started four of his country's last five games.
Hanley however won the last of his 30 caps in March 2018 and had to pull out of Steve Clarke's previous squad due to a groin injury, missing home defeats to Belgium and Russia.
The centre-back has been an unused substitute for City's last three matches but is thought to be in contention to return to Daniel Farke's starting XI for this Saturday's home clash against Aston Villa.
Midfielder McLean, who has 10 caps, has started four of the Canaries' seven Premier League games so far this season and headed in the opening goal during a landmark 3-2 win over reigning champions Manchester City earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The Scots look highly unlikely to be able to salvage qualification, sitting fifth in Group I on six points behind Cyprus and Kazakhstan with four games to play.
That starts against second-placed Russia in Moscow on Thursday, October 10 (7.45pm) before returning to Glasgow for another qualifier, against minnows San Marino on Sunday, October 13 (5pm).
The call-ups follow on from Canaries striker Teemu Pukki being named in the Finland squad ahead of two qualifiers during the approaching international break.
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 5 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 6 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 'Three Lungs' back in business
Goalkeepers: Craig MacGillivray (Portsmouth), David Marshall (Wigan Athletic), Jon McLaughlin (Sunderland)
Defenders: Liam Cooper (Leeds United), Michael Devlin (Aberdeen), Grant Hanley (Norwich City), Charlie Mulgrew (Wigan Athletic, on loan from Blackburn), Stephen O'Donnell (Kilmarnock), Liam Palmer (Sheffield Wednesday), Andrew Robertson (Liverpool), Greg Taylor (Celtic)
Midfielders: Ryan Christie (Celtic), John Fleck (Sheffield United), Ryan Jack (Rangers), John McGinn (Aston Villa), Callum McGregor (Celtic), Kenny McLean (Norwich City), Scott McTominay (Manchester United), Robert Snodgrass (West Ham)
Forwards: Oliver Burke (Alaves, on loan from West Brom), James Forrest (Celtic), Ryan Fraser (AFC Bournemouth), Oliver McBurnie (Sheffield United), Johnny Russell (Sporting Kansas City), Lawrence Shankland (Dundee United)