PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Derby County - Farke confirms Godfrey in ‘advanced talks’; Placheta out injured
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game against Derby County - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Farke found another of his media briefings dominated by transfer tales rather than the quest for three league points with Ben Godfrey finalising a club record £25m move to Everton.
The City chief confirmed Godfrey and his representative are now in ‘advanced talks’ after a fee was agreed on Thursday night between the clubs. Godfrey was not at training earlier on Friday and is not under consideration for the Rams this weekend.
That continues the theme of the week after Farke left out both Todd Cantwell and Emi Buendia at Bournemouth for what he felt was a lack of focus due to on going transfer speculation around the duo.
Farke was pressed on whether he plans to bring them back in from the cold to face winless Derby.
You may also want to watch:
The Norwich head coach provided a full fitness update on the rest of those who were on duty last weekend. Przemyslaw Placheta is ruled out with a hamstring strain suffered in the closing stages of the Bournemouth defeat. Marco Stiepermann was fit for Bournemouth but not considered after a back complaint.
Grant Hanley returned to full training two weeks ago following his hamstring surgery at the end of last season. Kieran Dowell and Sam Byram are not expected to be in contention until early in the new year.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 8 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 9 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
Josip Drmic, Moritz Leitner and Tom Trybull are not part of the plans for the new season.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main lines from the press call, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship game at Carrow Road throughout the day on pinkun.com