Canaries duo named among top 50 in-form Premier League players
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former England captain Alan Shearer has named Norwich City star Teemu Pukki in the official Premier League Team of the Week, after the striker’s hat-trick against Newcastle.
The accolades keep coming Pukki's way after his fine start to the season, scoring four goals in two games to lead the early scoring chart alongside Raheem Sterling.
Sky Sports have also published their weekly Premier League Power Rankings, with Pukki shooting to top spot, bumping England and Manchester City forward Sterling into second place.
Canaries midfielder Todd Cantwell has climbed into the top 50 of the Power Rankings after setting up two of the Finn's goals during Saturday's 3-1 home win over the Magpies, rising to 41st place.
The rankings are based on points for 35 different statistics, including goals, assists, blocks and tackles, with certain achievements given different value for different positions. Click here to see the latest top 50 in full.
Pukki sits top on 7,886 points ahead of Sterling (7,249) and Burnley striker Ashley Barnes (5,971) - with Sky Sports pointing out that the former Celtic man attempted seven shots, six of which were on target.
You may also want to watch:
He is the only Norwich player in the Premier League Team of the Week for game week two though, picked by Shearer as the lone striker, with Sheffield United picked as manager after his side's 1-0 home win over Crystal Palace.
PL Team of the Week for GW2: Dean Henderson (Sheff Utd); Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Man Utd), Jack OConnell (Sheff Utd), Yerry Mina (Everton), Lucas Digne (Everton); Ruben Neves (Wolves), Dani Ceballos (Arsenal); Kevin De Bruyne (Man City), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Sadio Mane (Liverpool); TEEMU PUKKI (NORWICH).
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return