Five wins and top spot not enough for Canaries duo to claim awards
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke and star player Emi Buendia have both missed out on Sky Bet Championship monthly awards for March.
Farke was nominated for manager of the month again after the Championship leaders won all five of their matches while Buendia was up for the award after a string of impressive performances.
But the judging panel went for Aston Villa manager Dean Smith, whose team also won five in a row, and Rotherham midfielder Semi Ajayi, who scored five goals in five games.
Jose Gomes of Reading and West Brom caretaker James Shan were also up for the manager’s award, while the other nominations for player of the month were Leeds playmaker Pablo Hernandez and Sheffield United defender Jack O’Connell.
The manager of the month judging panel was: former Ipswich manager George Burley, Sky Sports’ EFL League expert Don Goodman, EFL Senior Media Manager Rob Meaden, League Managers’ Association Director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich are six points clear at the top of the Championship with five games remaining, yet they are yet to have a Player of the Month winner and Farke has claimed the managerial award just once this season.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Canaries beaten by Barnsley in FA Cup
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 3 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 6 STARTING XIs: Hernandez starts as City make five changes for FA Cup tie
- 7 Energetic Barnsley dump disjointed Norwich side out of the FA Cup
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 9 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 10 Young Canaries suffer last-gasp defeat in first game of 2021