Five wins and top spot not enough for Canaries duo to claim awards
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City head coach Daniel Farke and star player Emi Buendia have both missed out on Sky Bet Championship monthly awards for March.
Farke was nominated for manager of the month again after the Championship leaders won all five of their matches while Buendia was up for the award after a string of impressive performances.
But the judging panel went for Aston Villa manager Dean Smith, whose team also won five in a row, and Rotherham midfielder Semi Ajayi, who scored five goals in five games.
Jose Gomes of Reading and West Brom caretaker James Shan were also up for the manager’s award, while the other nominations for player of the month were Leeds playmaker Pablo Hernandez and Sheffield United defender Jack O’Connell.
The manager of the month judging panel was: former Ipswich manager George Burley, Sky Sports’ EFL League expert Don Goodman, EFL Senior Media Manager Rob Meaden, League Managers’ Association Director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet EFL trader Ivor Davies.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich are six points clear at the top of the Championship with five games remaining, yet they are yet to have a Player of the Month winner and Farke has claimed the managerial award just once this season.
- 1 Ex-City star Murphy boosts hopes of new deal
- 2 Former City loanee set for new deal at Borussia Dortmund
- 3 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 4 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 5 City defender likened to a 'young Rio Ferdinand'
- 6 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 7 City Q&A: One down. One to go
- 8 Chris Goreham: No-one should question just how good City have been
- 9 'I don't want the season to end' - City ace hitting top form
- 10 Six things you might have missed after City's win at Derby