Canaries duo nominated for monthly Championship awards
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City star Emi Buendia and head coach Daniel Farke have both been nominated for the Sky Bet Championship monthly awards for March.
It’s little surprise to see Farke nominated for Manager of the Month again, as the league leaders won all five of their matches last month to continue their promotion push.
The German won the award for the first time in November but has been nominated for the monthly gong throughout the campaign, with his team performing so well.
This time he faces competition from Jose Gomes of Reading, West Brom caretaker James Shan and Aston Villa boss Dean Smith.
Buendia is nominated for the Player of the Month award for March, having scored three and set up another two during the Canaries’ five consecutive victories last month.
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old Argentine attacker faces competition from Rotherham’s towering midfielder Semi Ajayi, who scored five goals in five games, including in a 2-1 defeat to Norwich.
They are vying with Leeds playmaker Pablo Hernandez and Sheffield United defender Jack O’Connell, who helped the Blades keep four sheets in five games.
A Norwich player is yet to win the divisional Player of the Month award this season, although Teemu Pukki has been nominated and was also named Championship Player of the Season at the EFL Awards on Sunday.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 3 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 4 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 5 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 7 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 8 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
The winners of both awards are due to be announced tomorrow, however Buendia has already won one award for his fine form last month.
The creative talent has been named the Professional Footballers’ Association Fans’ Championship Player of the Month for March.
Buendia becomes the third City player in as many months to win the award, following Mario Vrancic in January and Pukki in February, after he claimed 24 percent of an online public vote.
The summer signing’s influential role was emphasised last night when he began a three-game ban for a red card picked up during Saturday’s 4-0 home thrashing of QPR, missing a dramatic 2-2 draw with Reading which brought an end to a remarkable eight-match winning streak.