Buendia ‘happy’ at relegated City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia remains ‘happy’ at Norwich City despite the club’s Premier League relegation and fresh speculation linking him with a return to Spain.
The 23-year-old is reportedly attracting interest from La Liga powerhouses Valencia and Atletico Madrid, after some stand out displays despite City’s top flight struggles.
Sporting director Stuart Webber made it clear earlier on Monday there are no firm bids on the table for the club’s most coveted stars.
Norwich plucked the attacking midfielder from Getafe, and Buendia is under contract at Carrow Road until 2024.
“I am happy here. Since I came from Spain everyone helped me here since the beginning,” he said, speaking to Sky Sports. “I have a contract here and I hope the club, the team and the fans get back to the Premier league as seen as possible.
“We have to be focused to finish the season well, not thinking about next season or each player in himself. Now we have to finish, we have a game (at Chelsea) and one more at Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to think to finish the league with our best performance.”
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto