Buendia ‘happy’ at relegated City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia remains ‘happy’ at Norwich City despite the club’s Premier League relegation and fresh speculation linking him with a return to Spain.
The 23-year-old is reportedly attracting interest from La Liga powerhouses Valencia and Atletico Madrid, after some stand out displays despite City’s top flight struggles.
Sporting director Stuart Webber made it clear earlier on Monday there are no firm bids on the table for the club’s most coveted stars.
Norwich plucked the attacking midfielder from Getafe, and Buendia is under contract at Carrow Road until 2024.
“I am happy here. Since I came from Spain everyone helped me here since the beginning,” he said, speaking to Sky Sports. “I have a contract here and I hope the club, the team and the fans get back to the Premier league as seen as possible.
“We have to be focused to finish the season well, not thinking about next season or each player in himself. Now we have to finish, we have a game (at Chelsea) and one more at Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to think to finish the league with our best performance.”
- 1 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: City v Bournemouth - Emi fit, Rupp out for the season
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Farke's personal message to City fans
- 5 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 6 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 7 'Bring it on', says Bournemouth boss
- 8 Former City coach leaves England U21 post
- 9 City hungry to be record breakers, insists Krul
- 10 How Trent and Walker are shaping City star's progression