Buendia ‘happy’ at relegated City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Emi Buendia remains ‘happy’ at Norwich City despite the club’s Premier League relegation and fresh speculation linking him with a return to Spain.
The 23-year-old is reportedly attracting interest from La Liga powerhouses Valencia and Atletico Madrid, after some stand out displays despite City’s top flight struggles.
Sporting director Stuart Webber made it clear earlier on Monday there are no firm bids on the table for the club’s most coveted stars.
Norwich plucked the attacking midfielder from Getafe, and Buendia is under contract at Carrow Road until 2024.
“I am happy here. Since I came from Spain everyone helped me here since the beginning,” he said, speaking to Sky Sports. “I have a contract here and I hope the club, the team and the fans get back to the Premier league as seen as possible.
“We have to be focused to finish the season well, not thinking about next season or each player in himself. Now we have to finish, we have a game (at Chelsea) and one more at Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
“We have to think to finish the league with our best performance.”
- 1 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 2 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 5 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 6 What does Pukki injury mean for City's transfer plans?
- 7 Farke reveals title celebration curbs
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?