Canaries eye U’s starlet Elokobi
Norwich City have been linked in a swoop for Colchester United starlet George Elokobi. The 21-year-old Cameroon-born defender is set to leave the club in January after he asked for a transfer earlier this year.
Norwich City have been linked in a swoop for Colchester United starlet George Elokobi.
The 21-year-old Cameroon-born defender is set to leave the club in January after he asked for a transfer earlier this year.
After starting the season in fine fashion, Elokobi was suddenly dropped by manager Geraint Williams.
Now with Elokobi out of contract next summer, Colchester look set to cash in on one of their prized assets. The player's agent Eddie Duah has confirmed that Colchester are to let Elokobi leave - but only at the right price.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a meeting with the manager," Duah told skysports.com.
"He said he wouldn't stand in his way, subject to an appropriate offer coming in."
- 1 Delight for Buendia after Argentina call-up
- 2 'I'd like to think Norwich have their eyes on somebody' - Ashton on striker hunt
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Premier League forward in Canaries' sights
- 4 WATCH: In-form City loanee Drmic scores a cracker
- 5 'He's not an ego' - Delia on the man she worships at Norwich City
- 6 Celtic move came too early for Pukki, insists former boss
- 7 Norwich City ace features in trailer for Euro 2020
- 8 City Q&A - Paddy answered your questions
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Why Delia and Michael believe Norwich City can 'change the face of football'
Duah insisted that no deal was in place with any club, contrary to reports that Elokobi had already agreed to join Reading.
"Nothing has been agreed with anyone at the moment," he added.
Reading are known to be one of the clubs hot on Elokobi's trail, because Big George, as he is known by the U`s fans, was seen as the man to fill the boots of Royals' full-back Nicky Shorey, who is stalling on signing a contract extension at The Madejski Stadium.
However, Reading boss Steve Coppell is now hopeful that Shorey will stay with the Premiership side for the remaining 18 months on his contract, which would end the need to invest in a new left-back.
Shorey, who is an England international, is a transfer target for London side West Ham and has rejected a new deal worth £25,000 a week.
If Reading do decide to go for Elokobi then, according to reports, they are likely to face competition for his signature from SPL giants Celtic, along with Crystal Palace, Ipswich, Norwich, Charlton and Watford.