‘Shot to nothing. Just give it a go’ - Norwich City fans react to Chelsea FA Cup draw
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City face a daunting FA Cup third round home tie against Premier League champions Chelsea at Carrow Road.
City’s struggles in the Championship will take a back seat early in January when Antonio Conte brings his star-studded Blues to Norfolk.
Daniel Farke’s side were agonisingly close to knocking out Chelsea’s London rivals Arsenal at the Emirates in the League Cup and City will get the chance to try and claim another high profile scalp next month.
“To be honest the cup is far away at the moment and we are more desperate to have a win in the league than to think about the FA Cup,” said Farke, giving his reaction to the draw on the club’s official site. “But for sure it is one of the toughest draws you can get.
“We are happy to have such an interesting game for our fans. And we have got the feeling we deserve it because of our brilliant performances in the League Cup.
You may also want to watch:
“We will try to go on with our cup form and get the best result we can get in this game.”
Chelsea won 2-1 on their last visit to Carrow Road in the Premier League in 2016 and unsurprisingly City fans expect a tough third round tie.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 3 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 Hot Hugill caps a season's best display for City boss
- 7 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 8 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 9 Hugill brace ensures superb City beat Bristol
- 10 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City