The Norwich City debate - What next?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
No football but no shortage of talking points involving Norwich City as the game tries to deal with the coronavirus shutdown. Paddy and Connor discussed the key points with fans.
Stuart Webber labelled last week a ‘sad’ one for football, with the financial impact now hitting every aspect of the industry.
City and a number of other top flight clubs have been criticised for opting to furlough some non-playing members of staff, while the unresolved issue of player wage deferrals has now embroiled politicians as well as the wider public.
Webber’s point to Jake Humphrey on BT Sport on Saturday underscored the players can only proceed with a common position agreed by the PFA, Premier League and other bodies.
We await further developments in the coming days. But City’s squad have already instigated a move to donate £200,000 to individuals and charities impacted by the global pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
Grant Hanley and the rest do not know when, or if, they can resume their top flight and FA Cup quest. The Premier League’s stated position is they will only return when it is ‘safe and appropriate to do so’.
Burnley made it clear at the weekend no resumption would leave a £50m deficit in lost matchday revenue and broadcast payments. Webber also spoke about difficult days ahead for his club, who hope their self-sustainable model can help mitigate some of the financial fallout.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 7 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 10 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
• Recap what was discussed with Paddy and Connor in the window above.