City Q&A: Time for Gibbo?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have made a solid start to the Championship. But could Ben Gibson be set for his bow at Bournemouth following a summer switch from the Premier League?
Gibson’s lack of football at Turf Moor over the past 18 months has prompted a gentle introduction at the start of a season long loan stint that could become a permanent deal, if Norwich return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.
But with the Canaries’ vulnerabilities on set pieces and in general play on show again in Saturday’s 2-2 draw against Preston there is a compelling argument for Gibson to move centre stage. Christoph Zimmermann had a tough afternoon against Sean Maguire and it was interesting to note Ben Godfrey’s positional switch in the second period at Carrow Road.
Daniel Farke talked up Gibson’s value as the only natural left-sided centre back option on the books when his move went through. Is it time to see what he could do alongside Godfrey for the trip to the Cherries?
Inevitably there is another transfer saga to discuss, given the news of Barcelona’s firm interest in Max Aarons. Do you back the club’s stance and do you see Barca returning? Would that potentially be the right move for Aarons?
You may also want to watch:
Plus can you see why Sam McCallum has been allowed to leave on loan to former club Coventry when Sam Byram is not expected to be back before the new year and Xavi Quintilla is now the only established left back available in the squad?
• Recap all the key issues discussed with Paddy and Connor in our regular Pinkun Monday debate slot.
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Pressure on Hornets for title-hunting City
- 8 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 9 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 10 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know