City fan Jed Steer signs new Villa deal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Jed Steer’s starring role in Aston Villa’s Premier League promotion has earned the Norwich City supporter a new Villa Park deal.
The former Reepham High School pupil signed a contract extension keeping him in the Midlands until 2023.
Steer established himself as Villa number one over the second part of the Championship season, and was the spot kick hero in a play-off semi-final win against West Brom before playing his part in beating Derby at Wembley.
"It's great to have extended my contract," he told Villa's official site. "I've been here since 2013 and staying here is something I've always wanted to do. I'm really happy.
"Last season was brilliant - the lead up to the play-off final was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"To get promoted and then sign a new deal was the target and I'm thankful to have been able to do it.
"When I got told last August I could go out on loan I thought that was my Villa career probably over.
- 1 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 2 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 5 'As good as I've seen him!' - City fans laud Cantwell performance
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 7 No Pukki no problem for Canaries as they move seven points clear at the top
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 10 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
"To be sitting here now and about to embark on the Premier League with Aston Villa is something I couldn't have imagined. I'm over the moon."
Steer missed out on a final day reunion with the Canaries through injury last month as his boyhood club clinched the Championship title.