City fan Jed Steer signs new Villa deal
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Jed Steer’s starring role in Aston Villa’s Premier League promotion has earned the Norwich City supporter a new Villa Park deal.
The former Reepham High School pupil signed a contract extension keeping him in the Midlands until 2023.
Steer established himself as Villa number one over the second part of the Championship season, and was the spot kick hero in a play-off semi-final win against West Brom before playing his part in beating Derby at Wembley.
"It's great to have extended my contract," he told Villa's official site. "I've been here since 2013 and staying here is something I've always wanted to do. I'm really happy.
"Last season was brilliant - the lead up to the play-off final was fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
"To get promoted and then sign a new deal was the target and I'm thankful to have been able to do it.
"When I got told last August I could go out on loan I thought that was my Villa career probably over.
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Iwan Roberts: My one regret over Canaries' 2004 promotion
- 3 Frankfurt speculation just the start of uncertain period for City boss
- 4 Can City seal just their third Carrow Road promotion?
- 5 Another goal for Drmic - could City striker earn Euros recall?
- 6 City boss has found his job 'even harder' than title-winning season
- 7 'We want to correct what happened' - City ace on top-flight aims
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 'I wanted to bring Norwich back' - Emi reveals why he stayed at City
- 10 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
"To be sitting here now and about to embark on the Premier League with Aston Villa is something I couldn't have imagined. I'm over the moon."
Steer missed out on a final day reunion with the Canaries through injury last month as his boyhood club clinched the Championship title.