Warnie in the frame for Hull City job
- Credit: PA
Norwich City fan Paul Warne is being touted with a swift return to the Championship at Hull City.
Warne was unable to keep Rotherham United up, after guiding them to promotion via the play-offs 12 months earlier, but his work on a tight budget has put him in the frame to replace Nigel Adkins on Humberside.
The former Diss and Wroxham player stepped up from a backroom role at the Millers and has plenty of admirers within the game for getting the most out of limited resources.
Here is the City journalist Pete O'Rourke claimed on Monday Warne is under consideration. Lincoln City chief Danny Cowley is also being linked with the job following the pending departure of Adkins.
Warne is under contract at Rotherham until 2021 after being rewarded for leading the Millers out of League One.
You may also want to watch:
Rotherham will be one of the favourites to bounce back at the first attempt and Warne is already planning for the new campaign, after sealing a season long loan move for Norwich City striker Carlton Morris.
Adkins announced on social media over the weekend he plans to step down when his Hull contract runs out on June 30, having reportedly rejected the offer of a new deal.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 2 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v Norwich City - McLean tests positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 4 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 5 'I didn't know if I'd make it' - City academy product ends over 1,000 days of injury woe
- 6 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 7 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 8 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 9 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto