Warnie in the frame for Hull City job
- Credit: PA
Norwich City fan Paul Warne is being touted with a swift return to the Championship at Hull City.
Warne was unable to keep Rotherham United up, after guiding them to promotion via the play-offs 12 months earlier, but his work on a tight budget has put him in the frame to replace Nigel Adkins on Humberside.
The former Diss and Wroxham player stepped up from a backroom role at the Millers and has plenty of admirers within the game for getting the most out of limited resources.
Here is the City journalist Pete O'Rourke claimed on Monday Warne is under consideration. Lincoln City chief Danny Cowley is also being linked with the job following the pending departure of Adkins.
Warne is under contract at Rotherham until 2021 after being rewarded for leading the Millers out of League One.
You may also want to watch:
Rotherham will be one of the favourites to bounce back at the first attempt and Warne is already planning for the new campaign, after sealing a season long loan move for Norwich City striker Carlton Morris.
Adkins announced on social media over the weekend he plans to step down when his Hull contract runs out on June 30, having reportedly rejected the offer of a new deal.
- 1 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 4 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 5 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 6 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 Paddy Davitt verdict: I'll have a P please City
- 9 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion