‘Soul destroying’ - City fans deflated after Canaries thrashed 4-0 by Arsenal
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s supporters have been left feeling disappointed and disheartened by the Canaries 4-0 defeat to Arsenal.
Project Restart was designed to ‘lift the morale of the nation’, but for the Canaries, it has continued their slow slump back to the Championship, with the Canaries recording their fourth straight defeat in the Premier League.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang profited from Tim Krul’s mistake in the first half to give Arsenal the lead, and the Gunners doubled their advantage moments later when Granit Xhaka finished off an impressive move for the hosts.
Daniel Farke opted to make a triple change and switch to a 3-4-3 formation at half-time, with the result being that the Canaries looked brighter after the interval.
Josip Drmic gifted Arsenal a third when his misplaced pass to Ben Godfrey was seized upon by Aubameyang, who tucked the ball past Krul.
You may also want to watch:
Cedric added a forth on his debut late on, with City once again failing to record a goal since the top-flight’s resumption.
- Read the opinions of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 'Blown away' - Gibson reveals how City wooed him for Premier League push
- 2 MATCHDAY RECAP: Hornets frustrate City in title tussle
- 3 City ace Krul reflects on Premier League interest
- 4 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 defeat against Watford
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Watford defeat
- 6 City lose Giannoulis appeal; three-game ban stands
- 7 Farke laments 'average' City display in Watford defeat
- 8 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 9 Norwich City v Watford: everything you need to know
- 10 City miss chance to secure title in Watford defeat