‘Soul destroying’ - City fans deflated after Canaries thrashed 4-0 by Arsenal
- Credit: Focus Images/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s supporters have been left feeling disappointed and disheartened by the Canaries 4-0 defeat to Arsenal.
Project Restart was designed to ‘lift the morale of the nation’, but for the Canaries, it has continued their slow slump back to the Championship, with the Canaries recording their fourth straight defeat in the Premier League.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang profited from Tim Krul’s mistake in the first half to give Arsenal the lead, and the Gunners doubled their advantage moments later when Granit Xhaka finished off an impressive move for the hosts.
Daniel Farke opted to make a triple change and switch to a 3-4-3 formation at half-time, with the result being that the Canaries looked brighter after the interval.
Josip Drmic gifted Arsenal a third when his misplaced pass to Ben Godfrey was seized upon by Aubameyang, who tucked the ball past Krul.
You may also want to watch:
Cedric added a forth on his debut late on, with City once again failing to record a goal since the top-flight’s resumption.
- Read the opinions of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: Huge goals for Hugill as City create daylight at the top
- 2 Farke maps out his risk averse strategy on Pukki and Krul
- 3 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-0 Championship cruise against Bristol City
- 4 The Greek view on Norwich City new boy Dimitris Giannoulis
- 5 Cherries lose more ground on Canaries in promotion race
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 7 STARTING XIs: Krul returns for Canaries against Bristol City
- 8 Farke is not looking over his shoulder at City
- 9 Norwich City v Bristol City - all you need to know
- 10 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal