Canaries fans have raised almost £30,000 for charity through social club
- Credit: Community Sports Foundation
The support of Norwich City fans has seen almost £30,000 raised for the club’s official charity partner in the last five years, it has been revealed.
The Norwich City Fans Social Club (NCFSC) held its first event in July 2015 and while organisers are facing uncertainty about when their next event can be held, due to the coronavirus pandemic, the volunteers have updated Canaries supporters on just how much they have raised for the Community Sports Foundation (CSF).
Diane Blazier, one of the NCFSC organisers, said: “The Community Sports Foundation are so close to the hearts of us volunteers and I know that you Norwich City fans feel the same. They help so many children and so many under-privileged adults, they really do a fantastic job and need us all behind them. To raise money for them is a real privilege.
“Last year we gave them £7,500 and this year we’re pleased to announce that we have managed to increase that to £8,250.
“Which in total makes £29,250 - which is a massive amount which every one of us volunteers is very proud of and I know that you fans will be too.”
You may also want to watch:
NCFSC have organised 30 events since they were established. In the past year that included a quiz night, a mental health awareness evening with guests including Canaries defender Sam Byram and former players Adrian Forbes and Cedric Anselin, a family fun day at the CSF’s hub The Nest and a chance to meet City senior staff Zoe Ward, Ben Kensell, Steve Weaver and Neil Adams.
The annual Players Forum featured Kenny McLean, Todd Cantwell and Adam Idah, with Canaries legend Darren Eadie continuing to host many of the events as a key supporter of NCFSC.
- 1 City keeper issues injury update
- 2 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 3 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 4 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 5 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 6 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 7 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 8 Young City winger completes permanent Harrogate Town move
- 9 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 10 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
Mrs Blazier continued: “We have built up some brilliant relationships with the officials of Norwich City Football Club, board members and staff there.
“Also we have built up a brilliant relationship and bonded with our sponsors Fosters Solicitors, who have guided us, given us advice and become real friends.
“That brings me on to you fans, there would be no social club without you, so thank you so much for supporting our events, for donating raffle prizes, for supporting us online, for being there for us all. Us volunteers really appreciate everything you fans do to help us on our way.”