City Q&A - Who stays and who goes?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City face a daunting Premier League finale at Manchester City but the real story now is what happens next at Carrow Road over a pivotal summer.
City’s relegation was confirmed earlier this month, and a club record run of nine consecutive league defeats continued against Burnley in a bizarre game that saw Emi Buendia and Josip Drmic both sent off.
Many City fans will fear that is the last they see of Buendia in green and yellow, with the Argentine along with Max Aarons, Todd Cantwell and Ben Godfrey sure to attract transfer interest when the window officially opens on Monday week.
Before then Norwich will have unveiled their first wave of incoming business, with the likes of Jacob Sorensen, Bali Mumba, Sebastian Soto and Matthew Dennis heavily touted with moves to Norfolk.
Polish winger Przemys?aw P?acheta is also reportedly finalising his switch from Slask Wroclaw. Would early business signal the Canaries are going to pull out all the stops to plot an immediate top flight return? Or do the issues run deeper and it needs a major overhaul? Can Norwich hold on to their best talent and what about the fringe players who have limited game time this season?
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Webber has already reiterated Daniel Farke will remain at the helm, but what do City fans want to see from the head coach on the return to the Football League?
- Recap what was discussed with our correspondents in our Monday lunchtime question-and-answer session.
- 1 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 2 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 3 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 4 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 5 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 8 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 9 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 10 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work