‘Fantastic signing. Young and hungry’ - Canaries fans react to arrival of Spurs midfielder
- Credit: PA
Norwich City fans have welcomed the signing of midfielder Oliver Skipp on loan, thanks to plenty of reassurance from Tottenham supporters.
The England Under-21 international has joined the Canaries on loan for the 2020-21 campaign, after making 11 appearances for Spurs last season, two of which came in the Champions League.
In total the Tottenham academy product has made 23 appearances for his parent club and he signed a new three year deal, with the option for a further year, last month.
Spurs boss Jose Mourinho revealed a loan spell was likely at the time and also said he believed that Skipp could one day captain the North London club.
He becomes the eighth signing of the summer transfer window for the Canaries ahead of their return to the Championship and is the first to be signed on loan.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 4 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 5 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 6 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 7 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 8 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 9 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 10 'Three Lungs' back in business