‘Fantastic signing. Young and hungry’ - Canaries fans react to arrival of Spurs midfielder
- Credit: PA
Norwich City fans have welcomed the signing of midfielder Oliver Skipp on loan, thanks to plenty of reassurance from Tottenham supporters.
The England Under-21 international has joined the Canaries on loan for the 2020-21 campaign, after making 11 appearances for Spurs last season, two of which came in the Champions League.
In total the Tottenham academy product has made 23 appearances for his parent club and he signed a new three year deal, with the option for a further year, last month.
Spurs boss Jose Mourinho revealed a loan spell was likely at the time and also said he believed that Skipp could one day captain the North London club.
He becomes the eighth signing of the summer transfer window for the Canaries ahead of their return to the Championship and is the first to be signed on loan.
You may also want to watch:
- Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 6 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 7 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League