‘We’ve lacked a bit of grit and strength in the middle’ - Canaries fans react to Sørensen signing
- Credit: Jason Dawson
The disappointment of the Premier League season may not be over yet but the arrival of midfielder Jacob Sørensen has allowed Norwich City fans to start turning their attentions to an imminent Championship rebuild.
The 22-year-old has been announced as the second signing of the summer window, following the announcement that Luxembourg forward Danel Sinani had signed a pre-contract agreement back in April.
Like Sinani, the Danish midfielder has signed a contract until 2023, but an undisclosed fee has been spent to secure his services from Esbjerg.
The Denmark Under-21 international has made the first big move away from his hometown club and is set to be a part of Daniel Farke’s squad in the Championship next season.
A defensive midfielder who can also play at centre-back, Sørensen will be able to learn from the experience of Alex Tettey as a midfield battler, with Louis Thompson and new signing Melvin Sitti among those potentially in the mix for a more defensive midfield role next season.
You may also want to watch:
- You can take a look at some of the best of the reaction above and below
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 10 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day