‘Not the end of the world’ ‘losing is a habit’- City fans conflicted over Luton Town cup exit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s cup exit came against the backdrop of 17 first-team players missing and with two 18-year-olds starting the fixture but stretched the Canaries winless run to 12 matches - leaving supporters conflicted on social media.
James Collins hat-trick dumped City out of the Carabao Cup at the first-stage - with the Irish international netting a 12 minute three-goal haul to send the Hatters through to the next round.
City’s squad was depleted by a combination of international call-ups, injuries and suspensions.
Kieran Dowell netted the equaliser for City two minutes after Collins converted a spot-kick to open the scoring for Nathan Jones’ men. Luton’s talisman volleyed home two minutes later to restore their lead.
He ensured his hat-trick after tapping from Jordan Clark’s pass to send City back to Norfolk on the receiving end of their 12th straight defeat in all competitions.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the opinions of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 2 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 6 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 7 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 8 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
- 9 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 10 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits