‘Not the end of the world’ ‘losing is a habit’- City fans conflicted over Luton Town cup exit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City’s cup exit came against the backdrop of 17 first-team players missing and with two 18-year-olds starting the fixture but stretched the Canaries winless run to 12 matches - leaving supporters conflicted on social media.
James Collins hat-trick dumped City out of the Carabao Cup at the first-stage - with the Irish international netting a 12 minute three-goal haul to send the Hatters through to the next round.
City’s squad was depleted by a combination of international call-ups, injuries and suspensions.
Kieran Dowell netted the equaliser for City two minutes after Collins converted a spot-kick to open the scoring for Nathan Jones’ men. Luton’s talisman volleyed home two minutes later to restore their lead.
He ensured his hat-trick after tapping from Jordan Clark’s pass to send City back to Norfolk on the receiving end of their 12th straight defeat in all competitions.
You may also want to watch:
- Read the opinions of Norwich City supporters above and below
- 1 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City
- 2 City keeper issues injury update
- 3 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 4 City Q&A recap: What does Giannoulis signing mean for Quintilla?
- 5 Six things you might have missed after Norwich City's victory in Cardiff
- 6 Canaries captain hails 'outstanding' display from Hugill
- 7 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 8 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 9 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level