City issue ticketing advice to fans
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have outlined measures for season ticket holders and casual match tickets already purchased in the event remaining games this season either take place behind closed doors or not at all.
The Canaries confirmed the contingency planning and thanked supporters for their ‘understanding and patience’ in a statement on their official site on Wednesday afternoon.
It read: “(For season ticket holders) As previously communicated, all season tickets for the club’s postponed games will remain valid for any potentially rearranged fixtures.
“However, if it is decided that any of the Canaries’ remaining five home league fixtures cannot be fulfilled, or indeed played behind closed doors, the club will offer a pro rata refund against the cost of the season ticket for the number of games that have been affected.
“The refund will only be offered when the season has concluded. Further information around how season ticket holders will receive their refund will be communicated in due course and when the situation is clearer.
You may also want to watch:
“(For casual match tickets) All casual tickets for the club’s postponed games will also remain valid for any potentially rearranged fixtures.
“Supporters who have purchased tickets for the home Premier League matches against Southampton or Everton will be offered an automatic refund if it is decided that the games will not be fulfilled or that they will be played behind closed doors.
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 4 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 10 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
“Refunds will also be offered for all tickets purchased for both the club’s away Premier League fixture against Arsenal and the FA Cup tie against Manchester United should these not take place or be played behind closed doors.
“All at Norwich City football club would like to thank supporters for their understanding and patience during what remains an uncertain and ever-changing situation. We continue to ask that supporters stay safe and follow the government guidelines surrounding COVID-19.
“The club will continue to be guided by the Premier League and relevant governing bodies throughout this period and will issue a further ticketing update as and when the situation becomes clearer.”
City will be represented at a Premier League meeting on Friday with all 20 clubs discussing a range of issues in regard to the football shutdown and the global pandemic.
At present, all professional football in England is suspended until April 30 at the earliest.