‘He is a player we have talked about’ - Hanley on Blackburn’s radar
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City captain Grant Hanley is on Blackburn Rovers’ wish list this summer.
Hanley came through the ranks at Ewood Park before moving on to Newcastle and then Norwich but was down the pecking order following an injury-disrupted season in the Canaries' Championship title win.
The Scot was touted with a potential loan move at the weekend and now Rovers' chief Tony Mowbray has confirmed the 27-year-old is among the list of possible targets in the summer transfer window as they look to bolster their backline for a promotion bid.
Hanley is under contract at Carrow Road until at least 2023 and believed to be keen to push for a leading role in Daniel Farke's Premier League plans. But Mowbray is well aware of what the Scottish international can offer.
"I don't know how many games Grant Hanley played last season but I'm sure it wasn't enough for his liking," he said, quoted in the Lancashire Telegraph. "He is a player we have talked about but is not at the forefront of our minds. We talk about lots of players. We have spoken about centre halves and looking to add to our options and I'm not saying there's nothing in it.
You may also want to watch:
"We have lists of players, A, B, C and you don't really want them getting out, not that they should worry about that, because it might be because the player is too expensive for us, or them not being available.
"But as time goes on that situation might change."
- 1 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Premier League-bound Canaries' 3-1 defeat against Bournemouth
- 2 PROMOTION LIVE: Cherries and red card ruin City's party
- 3 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 4 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 5 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 3-1 Bournemouth defeat
- 6 City players and fans celebrate promotion on social media
- 7 Farke savours sweet Premier League promotion after rollercoaster ride
- 8 'Amazing' - Buendia hails City's special promotion achievement
- 9 'Mission Accomplished' - Norwich City fans celebrate promotion
- 10 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
City moved to keep Timm Klose at the club with a new deal at the start of the summer while Ben Godfrey is poised to follow suit in the coming days and pen a new, extended Carrow Road contract.