Scotland recall for Norwich City captain
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City skipper Grant Hanley is back in the Scotland squad for upcoming Euro2020 qualifiers after a first call up under national boss Steve Clarke - while club mate Kenny McLean is also in the squad.
Hanley has featured in all three of the Canaries' Premier League games after a watching brief for the majority of the Championship title winning campaign.
The 27-year-old's last international appearance for his country came in a 1-0 friendly defeat to Costa Rica in March 2018.
The Scots face two tough home fixtures in their quest to make the Euro2020 finals with Russia at Hampden Park on September 6 (KO 7:45pm), followed by a daunting visit by World Cup semi-finalists Belgium on September 9 (KO 7:45pm).
Scotland sit fourth in Group I, after picking up six points from their opening four qualifiers. McLean has featured in three of those games, scoring his first international goal in the 2-0 win over San Marino. The midfielder also played the full 90 minutes in Scotland's 3-0 away defeat to Belgium in June.
You may also want to watch:
Former City players Robert Snodgrass, David Marshall and Steven Naismith are also included in Clarke's 24-man party.
The Canaries can expect a number of call ups over coming days at all age group levels after some high profile early Premier League tests against the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 7 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 8 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 9 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 10 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
Five-goal top scorer Teemu Pukki will be a key figure in Finland's bid to take a step closer to the Euro2020 finals after a strong start to their Group J campaign.
Finalnd face two home tests against Greece and group leaders Italy on September 5th and the 8th respectively.