Scotland recall for Norwich City captain
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City skipper Grant Hanley is back in the Scotland squad for upcoming Euro2020 qualifiers after a first call up under national boss Steve Clarke - while club mate Kenny McLean is also in the squad.
Hanley has featured in all three of the Canaries' Premier League games after a watching brief for the majority of the Championship title winning campaign.
The 27-year-old's last international appearance for his country came in a 1-0 friendly defeat to Costa Rica in March 2018.
The Scots face two tough home fixtures in their quest to make the Euro2020 finals with Russia at Hampden Park on September 6 (KO 7:45pm), followed by a daunting visit by World Cup semi-finalists Belgium on September 9 (KO 7:45pm).
Scotland sit fourth in Group I, after picking up six points from their opening four qualifiers. McLean has featured in three of those games, scoring his first international goal in the 2-0 win over San Marino. The midfielder also played the full 90 minutes in Scotland's 3-0 away defeat to Belgium in June.
You may also want to watch:
Former City players Robert Snodgrass, David Marshall and Steven Naismith are also included in Clarke's 24-man party.
The Canaries can expect a number of call ups over coming days at all age group levels after some high profile early Premier League tests against the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea.
- 1 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 2 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 3 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 4 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 5 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 6 Chris Goreham: The school field trip that Zimmermann could do without
- 7 Norwich City Debate Recap: Academy prospects to fill in, loan break clauses and Drmic all discussed
- 8 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage
- 9 'I want to create history' - Farke reveals mission to build a legacy at Norwich City
- 10 Canaries drawn to face Coventry City at Carrow Road in FA Cup third round
Five-goal top scorer Teemu Pukki will be a key figure in Finland's bid to take a step closer to the Euro2020 finals after a strong start to their Group J campaign.
Finalnd face two home tests against Greece and group leaders Italy on September 5th and the 8th respectively.