PRESSER LIVE: Huddersfield Town v Norwich City - Martin ruled out; Quintilla and Klose fit
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship kick off at Huddersfield Town - and we had all the key lines from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
The Canaries’ boss has selection dilemmas of a different kind for the trip to Huddersfield after a shadow squad deputised in the League cup at Luton.
Farke confirmed all his internationals returned fit and healthy, minus Jamal Lewis who sealed his move to Newcastle United during the week.
Josh Martin (calf) is ruled out but Xavi Quintilla returns after he missed the Kenilworth Road cup exit with a minor hamstring niggle, while Timm Klose was substituted in the second half of the 3-1 defeat with a knee issue. Both have trained this week, along with Onel Hernandez, who was only fit for a second half cameo following a groin issue.
Grant Hanley and Sam Byram (hamstring-related injuries) miss the big kick-off.
You may also want to watch:
“No Grant Hanley. No Sam Byram. Josh Martin with also miss the game,” said Farke. “Straight after Luton he reported some problems with his calf. We didn’t take it too seriously at the start because we felt it might be a cramp but he has not featured this week in training. That is bad news for us.
“Timm was struggling a bit with a dead leg but was back on the training pitch during the last sessions. No major injury concerns.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 3 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 4 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 5 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 7 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 8 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
“Quintilla (hamstring) was not involved until the last two days. We scanned him and it wasn’t a major issue, just a strain and a question of days. He missed basically a week of training.”
Emi Buendia is suspended after his red card at Burnley towards the end of the previous Premier League season, although the Argentine tweaked a groin in the closing days of the German pre-season trip.
Josip Drmic is also suspended, but the Swiss international along with German midfield duo Moritz Leitner and Tom Trybull are not part of the plans for the new season. Farke confirmed all three have yet to finalise moves away from the club.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the main lines in the blog, with full reaction and build up to City’s Championship bow throughout the day on pinkun.com