Farke is not planning to unleash ‘special’ Amadou against Liverpool
- Credit: PA
Daniel Farke insists new signing Ibrahim Amadou adds something ‘special’ to his Norwich City squad.
Amadou sealed a season-long loan move from Sevilla on Wednesday, that could turn into a permanent deal with the Canaries' negotiating an option to buy.
Farke feels a Premier League debut at Liverpool on Friday night will come too soon for the 26-year-old, but Amadou will make his mark.
"To be honest, realistically Liverpool will be too soon for him. He just arrived today (Wednesday) and our last session before leaving for Liverpool will be Thursday so he will need a bit of time," he said. "At least when there's an emergency, he could be involved. He is on a good level and trained with Sevilla at their training camp.
"Of course he needs to adapt a bit to new faces and a new coach and club but it's not a signing that is just available in nine weeks or something like this. He is an option but I feel that Liverpool is a bit too early. But if there's an emergency call, he could be involved."
You may also want to watch:
Amadou can operate in central midfield and central defence.
"He's a good fit to our squad and a good addition pretty late in the transfer window," said Farke, speaking to the club's official site. "We all got the feeling it was the right choice to do it right now and we are all pleased.
- 1 A small gesture that shows why Norwich City are a class apart
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Wycombe win
- 3 Paul Lambert leaves Ipswich Town by mutual consent
- 4 City debate recap: Dowell, Stiepermann and City's number 10 position
- 5 Cantwell Brentford return rated 'less than 50%'
- 6 What next for Paul Lambert? A man once adored by Norwich fans....
- 7 Lee Payne: So what happens next for Norwich City?
- 8 Missed opportunity for Hernandez to reaffirm his City credentials
- 9 'I hope he gets promoted' - Wycombe chief holds Farke in high regard
- 10 Chris Goreham: It's not that relaxing to watch Norwich City... trust me, Pep
"He adds something special to our squad because he's a physical player. He's unbelievably quick, robust and he's unbelievably strong.
"We have a pretty young and technical side and we felt that it's good to have this quality, also as an option in our squad.
"Right now, it's pretty late in the window and we had the option to add Ibrahim. He's an experienced guy and versatile. He has played at the top level in France and played with a big club like Sevilla.
"It made sense to bring him in and we're all delighted to have him."