Farke is not planning to unleash ‘special’ Amadou against Liverpool
- Credit: PA
Daniel Farke insists new signing Ibrahim Amadou adds something ‘special’ to his Norwich City squad.
Amadou sealed a season-long loan move from Sevilla on Wednesday, that could turn into a permanent deal with the Canaries' negotiating an option to buy.
Farke feels a Premier League debut at Liverpool on Friday night will come too soon for the 26-year-old, but Amadou will make his mark.
"To be honest, realistically Liverpool will be too soon for him. He just arrived today (Wednesday) and our last session before leaving for Liverpool will be Thursday so he will need a bit of time," he said. "At least when there's an emergency, he could be involved. He is on a good level and trained with Sevilla at their training camp.
"Of course he needs to adapt a bit to new faces and a new coach and club but it's not a signing that is just available in nine weeks or something like this. He is an option but I feel that Liverpool is a bit too early. But if there's an emergency call, he could be involved."
You may also want to watch:
Amadou can operate in central midfield and central defence.
"He's a good fit to our squad and a good addition pretty late in the transfer window," said Farke, speaking to the club's official site. "We all got the feeling it was the right choice to do it right now and we are all pleased.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 4 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 8 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 9 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 10 When will Norwich City learn their Premier League fixtures?
"He adds something special to our squad because he's a physical player. He's unbelievably quick, robust and he's unbelievably strong.
"We have a pretty young and technical side and we felt that it's good to have this quality, also as an option in our squad.
"Right now, it's pretty late in the window and we had the option to add Ibrahim. He's an experienced guy and versatile. He has played at the top level in France and played with a big club like Sevilla.
"It made sense to bring him in and we're all delighted to have him."