Norwich City transfer rumours: Hull City hotshot Jarrod Bowen on Canaries’ radar
- Credit: Matt Wilkinson/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City is being touted with a summer swoop for Hull City’s prolific attacker Jarrod Bowen.
The 22-year-old is rated one of the best young prospects in the Championship and took his tally to 18 in 35 games with a match-winning brace on Saturday in the Tigers’ 2-0 Championship win over Birmingham City.
Now the Sun on Sunday report the table-topping Canaries, along with Premier League strugglers Southampton, are weighing up whether make a bid in the summer for the in demand forward.
Bowen’s current Tigers’ contract runs until 2020, with a one year option, but a superb season on Humberside has seen him attract interest from a number of Premier League clubs. The likes of Everton, Newcastle and Brighton have all reportedly sent scouts to run the rule over the former Hereford playmaker.
City moved two points clear at the top of the Championship on Saturday with a 3-1 away win at Millwall as they look to seal promotion to the top flight.
You may also want to watch:
Head coach Daniel Farke reiterated ahead of the trip to The Den the planning is well underway for all eventualities as they look to secure a remarkable Championship success in the coming weeks.
Bowen is spearheading an unlikely play-off push for Nigel Adkins’ club after a wretched start to the campaign, and Hull visit Carrow Road on March 13. The Tigers’ latest home win over the weekend kept them within four points of the top six.
- 1 Aarons suffers shin injury
- 2 Thankless task for makeshift striker Marco in Coventry draw
- 3 'I am not injured. I'm just no longer wanted' - Drmic makes his case
- 4 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Sky Blues
- 5 Six things you might have missed after City suffered late heartbreak to draw with Coventry
- 6 Farke admits injury crisis is 'surreal'
- 7 Paddy Davitt verdict: Farke and the City curse
- 8 Former City midfielder heads Down Under
- 9 IN FULL: Norwich City's unprecedented injury list
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage