City set for Hugill swoop
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have won the race for West Ham striker Jordan Hugill.
The Canaries headed off reported interest from Championship rivals QPR and Nottingham Forest to thrash out a deal with the Hammers for the 28-year-old forward.
Hugill is believed to have travelled to Norfolk on Sunday to complete the formalities of his move from the Premier League club, and is now poised to link up with his new team mates at their German training base.
The former Preston frontman failed to establish himself in the top flight at the Hammers after a reported £8m move from Deepdale in January 2018, but is a proven goalscorer at Championship level.
City had targeted attacking reinforcements this summer to provide competition for first choice Teemu Pukki and Irish youngster Adam Idah. Swiss international Josip Drmic is free to leave the club in the current transfer window.
You may also want to watch:
Hugill’s imminent arrival is expected to be confirmed officially within the next 24 hours to become the 10th signing of a busy close season for the Canaries, as they plot a fightback following Premier League relegation.
A productive loan stint at QPR last season saw Hugill score 15 goals in 41 appearances and the striker also has second tier experience at hometown club Middlesbrough and the Lilywhites under former City chief Alex Neil.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 4 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 5 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 6 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 7 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 8 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
- 9 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 10 Dowell pledge from City boss
Norwich begin their German tour with a pre-season friendly againt SC Verl on Monday in the next stage of their preparations for the Championship kick off at Huddersfield Town on September 12.