City NOT lining up Jordan Rhodes loan swoop
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mounting speculation Jordan Rhodes is set for a Norwich City loan deal is wide of the mark.
The Sheffield Wednesday striker has been touted with a Carrow Road return most of the summer, after his impact within Daniel Farke's squad during last season's Championship title success.
City had previously made it publicly clear they were unwilling to turn Rhodes' loan into a permanent move due to the financial figures discussed around his original loan switch from the Owls.
But Team Talk reported on Monday afternoon Norwich were now 'closing in' on the £10m-rated striker, who is reportedly surplus to requirements at Hillsborough.
City's position, however, remains unaltered with no loan move on the cards at this stage of the summer for the popular 29-year-old. Norwich have brought in Patrick Roberts on loan from Manchester City and are permitted to make one more domestic loan move ahead of next month's transfer window.
You may also want to watch:
Rhodes has one year left on his existing Owls' deal, but any possible exit may have become even more protracted following the departure of former boss Steve Bruce, who is heavily touted with the vacancy at Newcastle United.
The former Ipswich trainee was pictured at the Royal Norfolk Show earlier this summer and spent time working on his fitness over the off-season with the likes of Alex Tettey and Carlton Morris.
- 1 Norwich City transfer rumours: Swindon hoping to sign Omotoye on loan
- 2 No panic buy for Canaries after Hugill injury blow
- 3 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 1-0 Barnsley defeat
- 4 Farke's injury fears for Hugill after Barnsley FA Cup loss
- 5 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 1-0 FA Cup defeat against Barnsley
- 6 Paddy Davitt verdict: Cup finals aplenty if City seal the deal
- 7 Rusty returns could prove crucial in the long run for fit-again City stars
- 8 'Concentrate on the league klaxon' - City fans express disappointment at FA Cup exit
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries interested in Luton midfielder
- 10 Farke's words of advice for Soto
Rhodes scored six goals in 36 league appearances for the Canaries last season, but Norwich have since brought in Swiss international Josip Drmic and promoted youngster Adam Idah alongside Dennis Srbeny to provide back up to Teemu Pukki.