Kenny McLean earns Scotland call
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder and occasional Lord Mayor impersonator Kenny McLean has been included in Steve Clarke’s first Scotland squad for upcoming Euro2020 qualifiers.
McLean starred in the Canaries' civic celebrations, to mark the club's Championship title win and promotion to the Premier League, but it is back down to business for games next month against Cyprus and World Cup semi-finalists Belgium.
The central midfielder is the only Norwich player named in Clarke's first squad since being announced as Alex McLeish's replacement as national boss.
Aston Villa's Championship play-off final scoring midfielder John McGinn is also in the squad.
One time Norwich stopper David Marshall is one of the keepers but there is no place for McLean's club mate Grant Hanley or on-loan striker Jordan Rhodes. Scotland host Cyprus on June 8 before a daunting trip to Belgium on June 11.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke has named a total of 27 players for the clash against Cyprus at Hampden Park and the trip to the King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels. Liverpool defender Andy Robertson will join up with the squad after featuring in this weekend's Champions League final.
McLean scored his first international goal in the 2-0 qualifying win over San Marino in March to earn the Scots a first win from their opening two qualifiers.
- 1 City's Giannoulis move enters the end game
- 2 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-1 Cardiff win
- 3 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 4 Paddy Davitt verdict: Relentless City operating on a different level
- 5 'My journey has been life-changing' - Cantwell reflects on three years since his City debut
- 6 Hugill stepped up when Norwich City needed him with determined display at Cardiff
- 7 'We need to pull our weight' - City skipper relieved to end his goal drought
- 8 Paddy's Pointers: Five observations from the Canaries' 2-1 Championship win against Cardiff City
- 9 Watch extended highlights of Norwich City's win at Cardiff
- 10 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
Belgium top Group I with maximum points from their opening two games and can boast a star-studded cast list of Premier League talent to call on including the likes of Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard.