DOWELL: New City signing reveals he got the inside track from Madders
- Credit: Archant
Kieran Dowell revealed James Maddison gave Norwich City a glowing endorsement before he decided to seal his move from Everton.
The attacking midfielder has signed a three year deal after finally leaving the Toffees following a series of Championship loan spells.
The 22-year-old won the World Cup with England’s Under-20s, and has struck up a friendship with City’s club record sale Maddison during international spells.
“James Maddison, who I’m close with and know from England, he only had good things to say about the club and the manager,” said Dowell, speaking to the club’s official site.
“He’s gone on to do brilliant things so he was a great person to speak to and get recommendations from.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve had three seasons in the Championship now. I’ve learned a lot, had good experiences and bad experiences.
“I got promoted with Sheffield United and got relegated with Wigan Athletic so I’ve seen it all so far. Hopefully it’s all good stuff here at Norwich.”
- 1 Farke linked with Bundesliga vacancy
- 2 Transfer rumour: Everton unsure about price tag for City star
- 3 'We want to stop the party' - Cherries fired up for City clash
- 4 Ian Clarke: Seven reasons why Norwich City will survive in top flight
- 5 Pompey boss praises 'perfect model' at Norwich City
- 6 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 7 'Like a shield' - Canaries boss heaps praise on Webber's work
- 8 'That's the bottom line' - Dowell clear on his City priorities
- 9 City confirm fans will not return to Carrow Road this season
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain
“I had a not so good one (at Derby) and a good one (at Wigan), performance-wise. It was really sad the way it ended at Wigan because we were unreal from when I joined in January all the way to the end of the season.
“We didn’t quite make it in the end, but it was a positive end to the season performance-wise.”