DOWELL: New City signing reveals he got the inside track from Madders
- Credit: Archant
Kieran Dowell revealed James Maddison gave Norwich City a glowing endorsement before he decided to seal his move from Everton.
The attacking midfielder has signed a three year deal after finally leaving the Toffees following a series of Championship loan spells.
The 22-year-old won the World Cup with England’s Under-20s, and has struck up a friendship with City’s club record sale Maddison during international spells.
“James Maddison, who I’m close with and know from England, he only had good things to say about the club and the manager,” said Dowell, speaking to the club’s official site.
“He’s gone on to do brilliant things so he was a great person to speak to and get recommendations from.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve had three seasons in the Championship now. I’ve learned a lot, had good experiences and bad experiences.
“I got promoted with Sheffield United and got relegated with Wigan Athletic so I’ve seen it all so far. Hopefully it’s all good stuff here at Norwich.”
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 2 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 5 'Three Lungs' back in business
- 6 Solskjaer education and goalkeeping genetics pave way for City target Nyland
- 7 Drmic's Euro mission to seal City exit
- 8 'Best team in the league' - Harris raves about Canaries
- 9 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 10 How to claim a free Norwich City sticker book
“I had a not so good one (at Derby) and a good one (at Wigan), performance-wise. It was really sad the way it ended at Wigan because we were unreal from when I joined in January all the way to the end of the season.
“We didn’t quite make it in the end, but it was a positive end to the season performance-wise.”