City v Leicester - Press Conference RECAP: Hernandez undergoes knee surgery; Zimbo out for Foxes
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Premier League game against Leicester City - and we had all the key lines first from Colney.
Farke provided the latest fitness bulletin on both Christoph Zimmermann (hamstring) and Onel Hernandez (knee) who missed the 3-0 Premier League away defeat at Wolves.
Hernandez has undergone knee surgery and is expected to be out for eight weeks but Farke is not writing off his chances of a return for the final games. Zimmermann will again be absent on Friday but could be in contention for the FA Cup trip to Tottenham.
"Onel has already had his knee surgery, to do with his meniscus. He will be out for at least eight weeks," said Farke, speaking at Colney on Thursday lunchtime. "That's the prognosis at this moment. Perhaps for the last few weeks he could be back but we have to wait how it develops and then after being out for two months it is not that easy to be back in shape.
"It's strange when you think he already missed a few months at the beginning of the season because he slipped down the stairs and this is the same injury and now he misses another two months. It sums up our season in terms of injuries.
You may also want to watch:
"Christoph, we hope to have back for the cup game at Tottenham."
Sam Byram (hamstring) has been ruled out for the rest of the season after undergoing surgery. Timm Klose is targeting a return after the international break for the run in after missing the majority of the campaign with a knee injury.
- 1 MATCHDAY LIVE: Can Norwich City complete the double over Cardiff?
- 2 City squad can expect long term disruption due to Covid impact
- 3 City boss on Quintilla future amid Giannoulis pursuit
- 4 STARTING XIs: Pukki missing for City as Barden starts at Cardiff
- 5 Farke's advice for Barden ahead of red letter day
- 6 PRESSER LIVE: Cardiff City v Norwich City - Quintilla & Mumba test positive for Covid; Krul still out
- 7 'The Norwich fans are probably fuming' - Skipp on being Mr Popular
- 8 Cardiff City v Norwich City - all you need to know
- 9 City edging closer to deal for Giannoulis
- 10 Connor Southwell: Can McLean solve City’s number 10 conundrum?
"Timm is still doing his individual work, but not too far away from team training and I hope he can integrate in parts of the team training," said Farke. "But when you are out for six months or so you have to be careful. We had feared he would not return at all this season."
Leicester City have Champions League qualification in their sights, with James Maddison poised to make his first competitive return to Carrow Road against his former club since his record move in 2018.
- Recap the main lines in the blog with full reaction and build up to City's Premier League game throughout the day on pinkun.com