Cheeky Norwich impress Reds’ chief Klopp
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jurgen Klopp is backing ‘cheeky’ Norwich City to upset plenty of Premier League teams despite an emphatic 4-1 win for Liverpool on the opening night.
The European Cup holders cashed in on some slack defending in the first half at Anfield but Klopp is a huge fan of compatriot Daniel Farke's work at Carrow Road.
"I said to Daniel before the game I like the energy and the fun. They are cheeky like hell and will do what they want to do," he said. "I had a couple of those players as well so I am pretty proud of what they are doing. They caused us problems in some moments and I am not surprised.
"I have to say only the biggest respect for what Danny is doing there with the boys. A very interesting and exciting team they have there.
"I think the first 60 minutes were really good, really impressive. If you are surprised Norwich City use little moments to be dangerous, I am not. That is how they are. We could have scored more and that maybe would have impressed the opponent more. But they stayed cheeky, they stayed lively and they did what they wanted to do. They didn't change offensively."
You may also want to watch:
Klopp felt his side could have piled on the misery for the visitors.
"We lost a little bit of concentration and maybe if you are under pressure then you have no issues. We were not under pressure, then we lose momentum," he said. "They had a risky formation and we had to defend a couple of times. I have nothing bad to say about the game, other than the injury to Alisson but we have to wait and see how serious it is.
- 1 MATCHDAY RECAP: City remain top despite Luton defeat
- 2 Paddy's Pointers: Luton Town 3 Canaries 1
- 3 Luton Town v Norwich City: Everything you need to know
- 4 Luton 3-1 City: Tired Canaries come up well short
- 5 Norwich City transfer rumours: Arsenal linked with Canaries playmaker
- 6 Bullish Farke unhappy at defending and key calls in Luton defeat
- 7 Paddy Davitt: City player ratings against Luton Town
- 8 Farke on young blood and Hatters at boiling point
- 9 'A perfect storm' - Fans have their say as injuries finally take their toll on Canaries
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Luton Town v Norwich City
"We are early in the season. If someone had told me before the game we would win 4-1 and play that well for 60 minutes I would have taken it. It was all good. We played against an opponent who will cause other teams plenty of problems."