‘I love this team’ - City fans proud despite 1-0 defeat to table topping Liverpool
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Despite being defeated by Jurgen Klopp’s relentless Liverpool, Norwich City supporters were left feeling proud after a gutsy performance from their side.
Sadio Mane's 78th minute strike proved to be the difference in a fixture where City defended resolutely for extensive periods. Storm Dennis crashed into Carrow Road and posed an additional challenge for Liverpool to solve.
The opening period saw the Canaries defend robustly, limiting the Reds to very little in terms of offensive output. Lukas Rupp had a golden opportunity to put City ahead but lacked a decisive edge in the final third.
Mane's introduction in the 60th minute injected a fresh impetuous into Liverpool's attacking play and the Senegalese's quality in the final third proved to be the difference.
He received a long pass before controlling on the turn and rifling the ball into the net.
You may also want to watch:
City can extract pride from their performance but, ultimately, Liverpool's quality proved to be too strong for Daniel Farke's men.
The Canaries travel to Molineux next Sunday hoping to find a spark that allows them to conjure up a great escape.
- 1 Farke's dilemma with City prodigies
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Dowell pledge from City boss
- 4 Police interviews and faulty planes - the inside track on Onel's Cuba bow
- 5 Lee Payne: Bruce has got it wrong over Norwich City and Premier League
- 6 Candid Cantwell opens up on struggles during 'whirlwind' summer
- 7 Paddy Davitt: 'Little old Norwich' tag is a poor fit
- 8 Local lad tag weighs heavy on Cantwell's shoulders
- 9 Farke's fledglings: How City chief moulded the next generation for Canaries
- 10 'Auld Enemy' clash on the backburner for City captain