City loan round-up: Soto debut and Morris assist the highlights for Canaries loan exports
- Credit: Archant
Sebastian Soto made his debut for SC Telstar on Sunday but was unable to prevent his side falling to a 2-1 defeat to MVV Maastricht.
The striker had been ineligible to feature in the opening two fixtures of the season as the club sought to resolves issues surrounding his paperwork.
The American youth international replaced Ilias Bronkhorst in the 80th minute but a late winner from Koen Kostons saw Andries Jonker’s side fall to their first defeat of the season.
Norwich City youngster Dan Adshead was replaced in stoppage time after Telstar conceded late on as they sacrificed the 19-year-old in order to get another striker on the pitch.
The midfielder came close to registering an assist on 65 minutes, when he received the ball and drove into the box. His low cross was met by Glynor Plet but his shot was saved by goalkeeper Bill Lathouwers - the Dutch side sit 8th in the Eerstie Divisie after three matches.
You may also want to watch:
Philip Heise kick-started his season-long loan with Bundesliga Two side Karlsruher SC with a 1-0 defeat after extra-time to top-flight Union Berlin in the DFB Pokal.
The German played all 120 minutes of the fixture, but a late Nico Schlotterbeck goal in the second-half of extra time was enough to see his debut end in defeat.
- 1 Why a Premier League gamble makes no sense for Farke
- 2 Onel Hernandez reveals reason he got a Norwich City tattoo
- 3 Norwich City transfer rumours: Cardiff man once again linked
- 4 Former City coach departs Ipswich Town
- 5 PRESSER LIVE: Barnsley v City - No fresh injuries. Skipp and Pukki will be part of celebrations
- 6 Why Norwich City won't be a soft touch in the Premier League
- 7 Rosenborg set for talks with Tettey
- 8 'I have to say I had more than one tear in my eye' - choked Farke on City duo's exit
- 9 'Perfection' - Dowell on getting back to the big time with Canaries
- 10 ‘It’s me, it’s Tettey’ - Canaries legend's best quotes
Carlton Morris played the entirety of MK Dons opening fixture of the League One season, performing well but was unable to open his goal scoring account for the season.
Morris combined with Billy Cargill late on to send the defender through on goal. The former England Under-20 international slotted his effort coolly past the keeper to rescue a point for Martin’s men.
Louis Thompson is currently out injured for three to four weeks with an ankle knock, but Martin is hopeful the midfielder will return soon.
“He’s got a slight ankle ligament strain. We all feared the worst and that he was going to be out for a while. We’re confident he will be back playing in three or four weeks, not just training,” Martin told the MK Citizen.
Elsewhere, Isak Thorvaldsson was booked in ÍA’s 3-2 defeat to HK Kopavogur. Rocky Bushiri was an unused substitute in KV Mechelen’s 1-0 loss to Oostende.