Norwich City loan round-up: Bloomfield scores again, defeat for Husband and plenty of Canaries involvement at Chelmsford City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Mason Bloomfield continued his goal trail at Crawley Town this weekend, as the striker netted the winner in a 2-1 victory over Colchester United.
The striker opened his Red Devils account last weekend and appears to have taken confidence from that strike, with his powerful header securing all three points at the Broadfield Stadium.
Despite a pause for internationals, plenty of Norwich City's loanees were in action.
Left-back James Husband played 86 minutes of Blackpool's 2-1 defeat to Rotherham United. He showed a greater willingness to be involved offensively and put in a solid defensive display.
Striker Carlton Morris was an unused substitute for Paul Warne's men, with the FA Youth Cup winner attempting to nail down a starting berth after numerous injuries have prevented his progression in NR1.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in League One, the pressure continues to mount on Portsmouth boss Kenny Jackett, after Pompey's 0-0 draw with Gillingham at Fratton Park on Saturday saw calls for his dismissal from a large faction of the disgruntled Pompey faithful.
City defender Sean Raggett kept his second clean sheet in three matches for Pompey. Raggett came close to snatching three points for the home side, but his header rebounded off the post.
- 1 Soto's loan at Telstar ends as City close on work permit for USA striker
- 2 'Best team in the division' - Bristol boss hails City's stylish success
- 3 LOAN WATCH: Success for Heise and recognition for Adshead
- 4 Norwich City transfer rumours: Buendia 'talks' over summer Arsenal move
- 5 Iwan Roberts: Hugill showed he truly belongs at Norwich City
- 6 Paddy Davitt: Player ratings after Canaries' 2-0 Bristol City win
- 7 Dowell hoping to make more happy FA Cup memories with Canaries
- 8 'We are looking to win the next game' - Barnsley boss on Norwich FA Cup visit
- 9 Patience a virtue for City striker after injury had threatened his Premier League pursuit
- 10 Watch extended highlights of the Canaries' 2-0 win over Bristol City
For the Canaries duo playing overseas, it was a weekend of what could have been.
Caleb Richards played the entirety of Tampa Bay Rowdies 1-1 draw with Indy Eleven, with the push for USL Championship glory falling away dramatically in recent weeks.
The Rowdies are without a win in three fixtures and find themselves in fourth place, sitting seven points behind leaders Pittsburgh Riverhounds.
In Holland, Charlie Gilmour managed to get another 90 minutes under his belt although SC Telstar could only manage a draw with FC Oss.
Gilmour joined the Canaries from Arsenal on a free transfer in the summer but was immediately loaned out to the Dutch second division.
With nine appearances under his belt to date, the Canaries will be hoping for the same success as that of when Todd Cantwell joined Fortuna Sittard on loan in 2018.
On non-league day, Aston Oxborough saw his Wealdstone side record a 3-1 victory away at Chelmsford City, with former City players Michael Spillane and Elliot Omozusi on the wrong end of that score line.
Alfie Payne entered the fray after 20 minutes at the Walks, with a late equaliser ensuring King's Lynn had a share of the points in a top of the table clash with Chester.