Canaries loanee Matthews keeps another clean sheet as Plymouth’s keeper crisis deepens
- Credit: Dave Rowntree/PPAUK
Remi Matthews kept his fourth clean sheet in six games for loan club Plymouth Argyle on Tuesday evening, as the League One side’s injury crisis reached laughable proportions.
Norwich City keeper Matthews has helped Argyle climb off the bottom of the table, who have won four and drawn one of the six matches of his emergency loan, after a 2-0 home win over Northampton.
However, manager Derek Adams had to put his youth team’s back-up keeper, Max Childs, on the bench after Michael Cooper broke his finger in training.
The youngster was already having to provide cover for Matthews, due to Luke McCormick, Robbert to Loeke and Kyle Letheren all being out, so the Canaries keeper could be set to stay in Devon until January.
Elsewhere in the third tier, Ben Godfrey and Carlton Morris both started as leaders Shrewsbury lost 1-0 at Bury, striker Morris being replaced with 10 minutes but fellow City loanee Ebou Adams remaining an unused substitute.
You may also want to watch:
Doncaster were beaten 3-0 at Wigan, with left-back Harry Toffolo now having started all of Rovers’ last nine matches in League One.
In League Two, forward Diallang Jaiyesimi – who signed a new contract at City last week – was named man of the match and claimed an assist as Grimsby won 3-2 at home against Swindon, while centre-back Sean Raggett played all of a 1-0 loss at Colchester United for Lincoln.
Michee Efete also played all of a 1-0 win at Sutton United as Torquay moved off the bottom of the National League table, with the defender now having started each of the Gulls’ last six league games.
- 1 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Bristol City - Pukki still out, Krul set to return
- 2 PROFILE: Raw determination and loan education helped City's incoming left-back emerge at PAOK
- 3 City confirm Dimitris Giannoulis deal
- 4 City legend details Webber conversation before sporting director appointment
- 5 Buendia to Arsenal. Forget it, says City boss Farke
- 6 Spurs loanee Skipp is a centre-back's dream, according to City skipper
- 7 Matt Howman: Do you want Norwich City to be in the Premier League
- 8 Bullish Robins' boss pledges to mix it with Canaries
- 9 City keeper issues injury update
- 10 'He has all the attributes" - Former coach backs Giannoulis to succeed at City