PRESSER LIVE: City v Luton Town - Cantwell poised to return, no fresh injuries
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke previewed Norwich City’s Championship game against Luton Town - and we had all the key lines first from a video chat with the boss at Colney.
Todd Cantwell has missed the past two wins against Wycombe and Brentford with a calf injury. The City chief provided an update ahead of the Hatters' weekend visit to Carrow Road.
Cantwell worked individually on Thursday and is expected to be part of the squad's final session later on Friday afternoon. Farke indicated subject to no adverse reaction the midfielder will be available for Saturday.
Farke also confirmed there are no fresh injury concerns from those who featured in the midweek 1-0 win against the Bees that moved Norwich 10 points clear at the top.
January signing Orjan Nyland and Marco Stiepermann both start for the development squad on Friday afternoon at Reading - with Stiepermann scoring an early goal.
Nyland had joined full team training in the past week, as he works his way to full fitness after back surgery prior to Christmas. Stiepermann makes his third consecutive outing for the development pool after recovering from Epstein-Barr virus.
Farke made it clear another potential 90 minute run out for the German will put him firmly back in the mix for the promotion run in.
- 1 Spurs loanee Skipp discusses his future and potential of Canaries return
- 2 Webber reveals he turned down 'massive job' to stay at City
- 3 PRESSER LIVE: City v Watford - Hanley, Pukki, Cantwell injury doubts
- 4 'I am really happy here' - City star Buendia not worried about speculation
- 5 'A wonderful season' - Praise pours in for City from legends and pundits
- 6 'Good riddance' - Norwich fans react to European Super League plans
- 7 'Big Six' join European Super League 24 hours after City's promotion
- 8 “It was high on Ben and it was a red card' - Giannoulis bang to rights for Woodgate
- 9 Six things you might have missed after City's promotion party
- 10 'I rate him. He's a fantastic player' - Farke open to Skipp return
Bali Mumba and Josh Martin are also on duty for the under-23s against their counterparts from the Royals, with Martin recovering from a toe issue.
Sam Byram (hamstring) and Michael McGovern (hamstring) are longer term absentees. McGovern is two to three weeks away from re-joining team training.
Moritz Leitner is not part of the plans.
Farke spoke to the media remotely from Colney.
• Recap the press conference in the window below, with full reaction and build up to City’s game against the Hatters throughout the rest of the day on pinkun.com